Thursday, October 10, 2013

Voicing Gratitude


"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone." -- G.B. Stern

Think about that for a minute.  Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.  I love to read Ann Voskamp's blog A Holy Experience where she emphasizes gratitude and making our lists of what we are grateful for today.  Go visit Ann if you need encouragement to keep a list of blessings to be thankful for.

Today, this quote touches me and challenges me to speak my gratitude everyday thereby touching the hearts of those around me and hopefully encouraging their gratitude too.  It will definitely make a difference to my heart and to my day if I voice my gratitude and not keep it inside



I think my chickens, Henrietta and Henrietta (I can't tell them apart) are grateful for these beautiful cool days here in Arizona.  I know Precious Husband and I are sure enjoying eating our breakfast on the patio these mornings.

Yesterday while we were away from home for the day we had quite a dust storm.  All the windows were open and you can imagine the layer of dust on my dark oak furniture we came home to but on the bright side look at these beautiful blue skies we have today as a result of the wind blowing the gunk from the air.  Yes, there is always something to be thankful for.


In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18




 





No comments: