Monday, September 13, 2010

Little Eyes Little Ears

and little feet . . .


 Last Friday I unexpectedly had the opportunity to pick up my 4 little grandchildren for a few days.  I was so thankful to have spaghetti sauce all made up in the freezer - but that info can make another post another day.


It never ceases to amaze me how observant children are.  They are watching and listening all the time.  The question I must constantly be asking myself is what are they observing?  Is it good, is it wholesome, is it encouraging?  Is it beneficial?


My 4 year old TLC #2 brought this to my attention when he pointed to the cup on the kitchen counter and said, "Look Mémère, the cup has feet!"  (This reminded me of the little bible song, "Be careful little eyes what you see, be careful little ears what you hear, be careful little feet where you go . . .") Kids don't miss a thing.  I want to be a good example to them of all God wants us to be and I also don't want to miss an opportunity to teach and encourage my grandchildren.




Titus 2:6 Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled. Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity . . .


No comments: