Friday, September 10, 2010

Wahooo Cooler Weather!


When you live in the Valley of the Sun during the summer the gadge often reads 100* at 10 o'clock at night so when we see this in the morning we do get excited.  So glad to see a break in the heat and the hope of cooler days.  

The only thing in my yard that thrives seems to be the lantana and it does take over if you don't watch it.  When it is over 100* you sure don't want to work in the yard but the weeds still need to be removed and the yard tidied that is for sure.


On a bright note it is fun to go out and find morning glories that have popped up in some random place and that sure puts a smile on my face.  They are so lush and green with the sweet little blue flowers.  As I took this photo this morning I was reminded how we must look for the blessings each day because God truly does bless His children daily.  Our attitude does have so much to do with it too.




This morning in my quiet time I read this in a devotional book, "my goal is not perfection but progress".  I like that.  I will never be perfect till I arrive at my eternal home in Heaven but it is very encouraging when I can see progress.  Sometimes my progress is in little baby steps but I will take it and say, "thank You".

God's blessing makes life rich; nothing we do can improve on God.
Proverbs 10:22 (The Message Bible) 

1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Dorothy...Thanks so much for your really sweet email :) :) :) Oh yeah...I'm not very observant...I'm so sorry ..but it made me laugh..I'll have to take a look again at what's actually new to your blog :) :) :) I love the lantanas. Really pretty flower. I want to grow some flowers...I haven't done it thus far because my financial budget has been tight...but maybe I could start with one small pot and go from there? Are they easy to grow? I wonder how they would do in the NW?

I loved what you wrote at the end here about not being perfect, but in progress. I'm going to borrow that for my status update on Facebook, because you expressed perfectly how I feel at the moment :) :) What's the name of the devotional you are reading? Extra love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)