Monday, July 8, 2013

Hummers Welcome Here



Precious Husband text messaged me, "Come see."  He was doing some watering in the front yard and there were at least two baby hummingbird and their momma flying all around in spite of 117* heat.  So brave and friendly they simply stopped to pose for my camera.  Oh, I love hummingbirds!  Maybe we have so many because of the easy availability of water with the small fountain on the front porch and the big waterfall pond in the back yard.  Whatever the reason they like our yard I sure am happy they do.


My front door seems a favorite perch along with the porch light.


Below are the photos I took when I started out the front door to find out what Precious Husband wanted me to see.  These two photos are taken through my screen door.








Please make yourself welcome little hummers.  I am so glad you are here.



All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell,
How great is God Almighty, 
Who has made all things well.

--Cecil F. Alexander, Hymns for Little Children, 1848







No comments: