Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday's Memo: Make The Goal Visible





Precious Husband and I are making lifestyle changes in our eating habits.  From all I have read when you make changes that you want to succeed there needs to be a thought out reason and motivation for the change. I am a visual person so it helps me to see my goal also.  Make the goal visible.

In all honesty my first reason to make changes in my diet is to lose weight!  All my life I have been overweight.  I lose a few pounds only to gain them back like so many do.  My weight hinders me in many areas of life and I have decided the hindrances are enough to do something about once and for all.

More importantly is my second reason to make these lifestyle changes.  I want to be healthier and experience the best quality life I can for my future.  My greatest motivation factor?  My children and grand-children.  I want to be here to share the goodness of the Lord with them.  I want to be able to pray for them and encourage them in their areas of need.




Psalm 71:18 says: Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.


Okay, that said, let me tell you about the wedding dress covering my office chair.  This may surprise you but it doesn't fit!  Oh, you aren't surprised?  Ha ha ha!


Well, my goal is to get into my dress for my 29th wedding anniversary in November.  I am going to leave it on the chair because it is in clear view as I sit in my rocking chair in my sanctuary.  It will be a visible motivator toward my goal.











No comments: