Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Easy Peezy Ice-Cream


(Side note) No jokes about Mom hitting the bottle, it is actually my homemade vanilla.


After reading about making homemade ice-cream on various blogs and seeing Cuisinarts at a good price at Costco I took the plunge.  Oh my, in 30 minutes from start to finish you can have yummy soft freeze ice-cream.  

My first try was using the recipe below for Fresh Raspberry Ice-Cream.  I made it for Taralynn's birthday party Saturday and it was so good.  It is ready in less than 30 minutes.  Great basic vanilla recipe (minus the raspberries) and you can add what you like instead of the berries.

Fresh Raspberry Ice Cream
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
half a capful of vanilla
In a small bowl, mash the raspberries with a spoonful or two of the sugar with a fork. In another bowl, stir together the creams and milk, sugar and vanilla. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. When it gets thick and is frozen but still soft, pour in the raspberry puree. Let it go until it’s swirly, or wait longer until the whole mixture is pale pink.
Serve immediately or if you want it firmer, transfer to a container or bowl and put it in the freezer until firm. 
Linking up with Lisa at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.
Try making some homemade ice-cream.  Your family will love you for it!


1 comment:

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

This sounds delicious! I love making my own ice cream. I wish we lived in an area where we could go berry picking. Unfortunately the desert isn't the prime spot for berries. :)
Holy Cannoli Recipes