Monday, April 18, 2011

Remembering What Mary Chose

This morning my mind is a whirl as I contemplate a full week and many things in our family that would in the natural cause me to worry.  With 5 children there is always something for sure BUT then I come back to what I know: God is more than sufficient for all my needs and more than capable to take care of all my situations.  
Martha was busy with her to-do list.  Oh how I love Martha!  I can so relate.  I cope best with my to-do list.  I like my ducks in order and I don't like surprises.  But Mary!  She chose the best and I am heading the Lord's advice this morning and letting Mary be my role model for the day.

Luke 10:38-42

Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him as a guest. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to what he said. 10:40 But Martha was distracted with all the preparations she had to make, so she came up to him and said, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do all the work alone? Tell her to help me.” 10:41 But the Lord  answered her,   “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things,  but one thing is needed. Mary has chosen the best part; it will not be taken away from her.”



No comments: