Friday, April 8, 2011

Love of Butterflies


Walking through our home you will see lots of pretty butterflies perched here and there or adorning some object of my affection.

My collection started because butterflies remind me so much of 2 Corinthians 5:17 which says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

If you follow my blog at all you have read about Aunt Jo and she loved butterflies too and for the same reason.  I have many of her butterflies in the form of jewelry and when I wear a piece my thoughts turn towards her often and the great influence she had on me.  She truly was a godly mentor for my life and encouraged me in so many areas.  When she died she was a week short of being 98 years old and she had lived for the Lord since the age of 10.  Such an amazing blessing for the Lord to give her to me and allow me the honor of gleaning her wisdom as a godly woman.

Recently the Lord has brought a young woman into my life 30 years my junior and God is using her to share more wisdom with me concerning being a godly woman.  I guess this is not quite a Titus 2 relationship as far as age is concerned but truly wisdom has no age requirement and my precious little Alicia proves that to me more and more as I get to know her heart.  Alicia has blessed me with butterflies recently and she touches my heart as did Aunt Jo.  

God is good to supply what and WHO we need in our lives.
 




Paul bought me this teapot in San Francisco several years ago.






This little lamp I purchased on a visit to my dearest friend Dolores who I lost a year ago and miss so much.  Some friends can never be replaced.




I got this cup for Aunt Jo when she was living with us under the care of Hospice.




A scarf of Aunt Jo's




This picture is from our guest room still referred to as "Aunt Jo's room".




Butterfly jewelry that belonged to Aunt Jo and worn with love now by me.





This butterfly came from Alicia and perches itself in my sanctuary (office).




These all came from Alicia just last week.








Wind chimes with butterfly for my garden from Alicia.



And finally this picture to share with you.  When I adopted Anthony I wanted to give him a special gift and found this painting by Joni Erickson Tada the woman that is a quadriplegic and paints with her mouth.  The painting reminds me again of 2 Corinthians 5:17 but I purchased it for Anthony to encourage him that God would use him in spite of any physical limitations he may have been born with. 




This hangs on the door of the "butterfly room" where my precious Aunt Jo spent the last 9 months of her life.  She taught me well that because of Jesus we are now new creations just like the butterfly.


No comments: