Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Proverbs 3:5-6



I found another delightful blog friend in Heather over here. Wandering through Heather's posts I found a picture of my life verse Proverbs 3:5-6. This was the verse the Lord put on my heart and mind when He gave me my first son, Jason 39 years ago last month.

I was a week short of being 22 years old and never married. Thought adoption would be something I would like to do when I married (there definitely was no man in sight at this time) but never dreamed that I would become a single mother. It was the verse in Proverbs that got me through 9 long months before the adoption was final. Lots of doubts on my part but God is always faithful on His part. Those 9 months taught me so much about what a life of faith means and I cherish the memory of that time.

My second life verse is Psalms 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Time and time again God has blessed my life beyond measure and beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Thank You Jesus!!

1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Dorothy...eeek...so cool. I love that Scripture too :) :) :) Thanks for the mention!!! I'll have to blog about that today a little bit...I think I'm still trying to wake up this morning.

I really enjoyed reading your post. So sweet and it's amazing where God can make love happen, too!!!!

Oh quick question, do you go by Mrs. Paul? I noticed you joined my blog, THANKS...but I need to update my post, so that I properly credit your blog :) :) :) Did you see where I mentioned you earlier this week?

Again, great post!!!!
Love and hugs,
Heather :)