Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Table Top Tuesday Vignette



Again this week I am linking to Marty's Table Top Tuesday blog showing off my treasures found while we were away this weekend.  I had a ball accompanied by Precious Husband scouting out lots of antique and thrift stores in Prescott. 

I love to have something I am looking for while junking and this weekend I had salt and pepper shakers on the list.  The first antique shop turned up a set of shakers and a neat little piece that I am putting Precious Husband's new favorite vanilla caramel coffee creamer into.  Isn't it cute.  First one I have ever ran across.


Also found a candle holder in my Star of David pattern.   Normally you see them in pairs for around $45 or more and I found just one which is fine with me and it was only $6.50. 


A fun find was another yellow bowl for the grandkids.  Have found almost all I need now.



Before we headed home we made one last stop at another antique store and there I hit the jackpot with vintage linens.  I found a "vintagie soft" white and yellow tablecloth with 6 napkins and 9 precious old hankies at a very small price.  Whahooo!  Love the touch of little waffle weave like inserts in the tablecloth.  It is prettier than shows in the picture of course.



Later I will share about the darling teapot I found for a spring table and also sweet teacup.  All in all I had a lot of fun finding treasures to add to the ambiance of our home.

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a bunch of great finds. I love your wonderful creamer. What a great find. I remember my mom had one similar. The linens are fabulous. I love the soft yellow and white and oh my who couldn't use another beautiful yellow bowl. I'd say you had a great day for sure. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Cool idea using that for his creamer. We have some old ones that are similar that we used for syrup growing up!