Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Daily Bread on the Kitchen Counter


It has become a practice of late to keep one of my Bibles on my kitchen island.  It makes it so simple to read a verse here and there as I spend time in the kitchen.  I have read that Ruth Graham (Mrs. Billy Graham) did this when she was busy raising 5 young chlldren with her husband traveling much of the time.    With an empty nest my time is not limited like it was with Mrs. Graham but I simply like doing this and enjoying spiritual nourishment from my kitchen as I go about my day.

Each day I try to read one of the Proverbs (31 days - 31 Proverbs).  Some gems in today's reading:

Proverbs 21:Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
Proverbs 21:21 He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.
Proverbs 21:23 He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour. 
Proverbs 21:30 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD. 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my little blog. I loved what you said today about learning. That is so true!

That is a great idea to keep your bible out. I have a study spot. Unfortunately, I still don't make the time I need. I will always keep trying though! :)

~Liz