Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Blessing in Our Home

"Aunt Jo" as she was affectionately called by all that knew and loved her moved into our home a year ago this week.  She remained with us till she went to be with her Lord and Savior 8 months later a week short of her 98th birthday.

My precious husband knew how much I loved Aunt Jo and when the time came that she could no longer live alone he convinced Aunt Jo and me that it was time she called our home her home too.

I met Aunt Jo 36 years ago when the Lord brought me to Arizona from California to work at Sunshine Acres Children's Home.  With a 2 year old in tow I was hired to help the nurse in the little infirmary.  Aunt Jo was the nurse that mended little skinned knees and smothered cheeks with kisses all the time telling them about Jesus.  She became a second mother to me.

Aunt Jo blessed my precious husband and me with her presence in our home and we miss her but praise God for our time together.  She touched many lives in amazing ways and I praise God for being one of those lives.  She lived out the commandment of Titus 2:3-5



No comments: