Tuesday, August 15, 2017

127 Yard Sale!

Last weekend Precious Husband and I along with good friends, Nancy and Darrel here in Kentucky took off bright and early (6 AM!) to attend our first World's Largest Yard Sale - 127 Yard Sale.  This was something I have read about for years and have wanted to do.  It was interesting and fun.  You can't image all the things you come across as you venture down Highway 127.  We were gone all day and didn't get too far but we sure had fun.

My purchase for the day was an eight place setting of Homer Laughlin Eggshell Georgian china.


Those that know our situation know this is the last thing I needed to buy but hey, I just could not resist!  I love it, I know their value and worst case scenario I can resell them after I have played with all their beauty for a while!


Isn't it pretty?  I also got the covered vegetable casserole.


Another treat was seeing a field of goats.  So cute and so nosey.  Quite photogenic I think.





I didn't buy anything at the man's yard sale but I enjoyed the goats.

Love and Hugs,
Mèmére 




4 comments:

janice15 said...

Dearest finally I got here to visit. I have a certain amount of these lovely dishes.. they are so delicate.. love them. Glad you got to go and have a great time. Love the little goats.. with love Janice

Dorothy said...

Aren't they sweet Janice. Love to find a treasure as I know you do too. Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment.
Hugs & Blessings,
Dorothy

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Dorothy, this is amazing! I just happened onto your blog today - saw the word Memere in someone's blogroll while I had a traditional Quebecois dish in mind. Then I stopped on this post because just yesterday I packed up a big box of this very china! A friend who has way too much china decided to break up her inherited service for 12 and keep just half of it. So I packed a box for her to store and another to donate. It's a lovely pattern.

Anonymous said...

Well hello Jean. So glad you found me. Yes, the china is lovely. Precious Husband had a fit when I brought home "more dishes!" ha ha but it is my weakness, what can I say. Thanks for visiting. You are my reminder that I need to get back to my blog!