Monday, April 25, 2011

Delight Yourself . . .


It has always been my desire - this concept of open heart - open home.  Concept is one thing.  Bringing a concept to fruition is quite another.  My heart is open.  My home is open.  But pride raises it ugly head and makes this whole delight of my heart quite a challenge.
Anthony had been here since his surgery on Thursday and Jason came down on Friday for the weekend.  The brothers had a good time together doing what they do best.   I spent Saturday in the kitchen most of the day putting together a dinner for Easter afternoon.  

Needless to say the house - our home - became a little messy.  Bird seed covered the floor in the family room.  Dust covered most everything else - hey, just being honest here.

Sunday usually is relaxed because till now our service had been 3 PM.  I loved this time because it meant a little sleeping in and a leisurely morning and lunch before leaving for church at 2.  But yesterday we changed service time now starting at 10 AM which meant we had to be on the road by 9:00 AM. 

I did not hustle my little self quite fast enough and the house was left in some disarray to be sure.  
This disarray was the first thought in my mind when Precious Husband told me we were bringing home someone who would have otherwise been alone for Easter.  Immediately PRIDE kicked its ugly head up and all I could think of was 2 guest rooms with beds not made and bird seed all over the floor. What would he think?

Praise God I am growing and my heart's desire is greater than my pride which I took a big gulp of and swallowed hard.  We had a lovely day getting to better know a member of our church and share our family with.  Our guest got quite a kick out of watching me attempt to get a picture of our 4 TLCs in their matching summer outfits they got for Easter.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4

Yes, I desire to have a home that is open and enough love to conquer the pride that would challenge me in this area.  God is good.


No comments: