Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Dinner Rolls



Bread machines were very popular at one time but don't know how many still use them.  I for one use and dearly appreciate my bread machine.  I especially like having a day where something is simmering in the crock pot and the bread machine is filling the house with additional wonderful smells.  Makes for a wonderful supper.

My family enjoys good bread and for Christmas Eve dinner I made the recipe I am sharing with you today.  The rolls came out wonderfully and we actually would have eaten more if they had been available.  This recipe is definitely a keeper.


ABM Best Dinner Rolls


1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup softened butter or shortening
1 egg
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsps. yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
optional: additional 2 Tbsp. melted butter to brush on tops

Just put all ingredients in bread machine and put to work on dough cycle.  When done take out, cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes.  Then divide dough into 16 rolls and place in greased baking pan.  Set to rise in warm spot covered with a tea towel.  Let them rise till double in size.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden on top. 

Sharing recipe over at:


No comments: