* 3/4 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
* 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 2/3 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a 9-inch-square cake pan, and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In the bowl of electric mixer, combine butter and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping sides occasionally. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Fold in chips and nuts.
4. Using an offset spatula, spread batter into pan. Bake until surface is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into center comes out barely clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
These Blondies are like a big delicious chocolate chip cookie only in a bar and a little richer and butterier. I have them all ready to go to Bible study tonight and will send a pan with Precious Husband for the guys too.
Linking up with Lisa over at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday