Friday, January 14, 2011

Beautiful Season of Life


Can you believe it is the middle of January so soon?  I personally enjoy the time from New Years through April the very most.  Our yard is truly showing the signs of frost damage but the days are warm right now and wonderful.  Sunsets are especially beautiful this time of year here in Arizona and I so enjoy watching for signs of spring.  Hope to get some little baby pansys planted this week.

I am working hard to establish a new weekly schedule.  I enjoy having lots on the calendar because it challenges me to keep my priorities straight and keep up my routine.  Priorities and routine - always a good thing.

My little refuge/sanctuary I often speak of is at this time in total disarray.  The floor is literally covered with papers that I have been sorting through for future use with our Women's Ministry.  Tonight I am determined to get the floor all cleared up and the table made tidy again. 

Now I shall bid you all a good night and head up and remake my little office into my cherished refuge. 

Leaving you with a quote I found tonight that I hope will bless you:

"A gentle and quiet spirit is not only imperishable; it is precious in the sight of God. It's also one of the hardest qualities to cultivate. Far from a sign of weakness, a gentle and quiet spirit is the sign of a woman who is strong in faith, mind and character." --Anna Sofia & Elizabeth Botkin
 

1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, love that January calendar. I know ...I can hardly believe how fast the days seem to fly by. I'm diligently working on memorizing Bible verses. My room, however...not diligently working to clean it up :( That will need to change, too!! Have a great week, Dorothy :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)