Thursday, July 29, 2010

Like Pooh Bear - No Long Words Here Either

 Trent, Tyler and Taralyn with Mémère at Disneyland June 7, 2010

Getting ready to sit and read Lessons From the Hundred-Acre Wood with Trent.  I love Pooh Bear in all his fluffyness.  Thought for today I would leave you with some quotes from the little yellow childhood bear of many of us.

Quotes from Pooh Bear

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.

When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.

When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.

You can't stay in your corner of the forest, waiting for others to come to you; you have to go to them sometimes.

I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me.

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."

Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.

1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Dorothy...Oh I love Winnie the Pooh...and when I lived in NOrway...Winnie the Pooh is really big over there. i have a little sandwich tin with Winnie the Pooh that I bought over there. In Norway he's known as "Ole Brumm" :) :) Thanks for the fun photos and the great Pooh Bear quotes :) :)Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)