Monday, April 12, 2010

My Office - My Sanctuary



Self-discipline for me is getting up at 5:30 a.m. and taking my coffee straight to my little office each morning.  The day that starts this way is so much better and I am so much happier with myself when I do it.  Unfortunately this ritual does not take place as consistently as I would like it to.  I am just being honest here.  I do struggle with this particular discipline.

So much for true confession.  Now about my office - my personal sanctuary.  I found this quote today that expresses my feelings about my office perfectly, Jane Austen writes “Her plants, her books…her writing desk…were all within reach…she could scarcely see an object in that room which had not an interesting remembrance connected with it.”



Yes, my office is full of things that make me smile and cause me to reflect and remember and to be encouraged.  On the bookshelves are little things that others probably wonder what in the world? but to me they are very special.  They have a personal story.  My office is full of books.  Bibles and books about Christian living, family, and home.  Books that encourage me in my daily attempts at being a godly woman.  My text books for the career I have desired more than any other.  I am so thankful to be a full time wife and mother -- domestic engineer and domestic warrior of Precious Husband's and my home.

As a side note here, today's proverb I took note of was Proverb 12:4 and it says an excellent wife is a crown to her husband . . .  Yes, I desire to be a crown to my Precious Husband!

Well, I am rambling here I think so I better quit.  I hope you take some time today in your sanctuary and find refreshment for your heart.

No comments: