Friday, August 17, 2012

Yellow Bowl Stories


If you have read my blog for long you will know about my love of yellow bowls and the tradition I have of collecting them to give each of my grandchildren.

This morning as I cleaned my kitchen and moved around the yellow bowls to clean I wondered about what stories my friends might have about a favorite piece in their kitchen.  Would love to hear your story.  When a friend saw my nesting bowls she shared how she remembered as a child her father eating popcorn out of the green Pyrex bowl in the evenings.   Please share with me a "yellow bowl story" or other favorite kitchen piece you have.








2 comments:

janice15 said...

I have one of these yellow Pyrex bowls I have the large one..but it stays here at My Moms. At home I have my blue glass ones and my Turquoise and white Pyrex bowls...I love them all...

janice15 said...

I must have a hundred favorite pieces of Pyrex etc. But Pyrex is indeed a special favorite. My Grandma used them. My Mom as well. But I started collecting my own from Dad's trucks and Salvation Army.. I have a cabinet full that I keep here at Mom's of Turquoise and White.. Mom's Kitchen was at one time White with Turquoise trim. The kitchen is torn apart for remodeling and they never finished but part of that turquoise trim still exists. And so do my Pyrex in the Cabinet... We do also own on of your Yellow Pyrex bowls a large one it sits in Mom's other cabinet and doesn't get used. One day I will probably take it home and use it again.. I love yours you have all sizes.with love Janice