Monday, January 31, 2011

Two Special Reasons - My Daughters



Well, much thinking has been done about my blog.  I have neglected it lately with the addition of some new responsibilities and areas of need around me.


My blog is something I don't want to give up though.  It has brought me a lot of delight as I contemplate my posts even when they are not as frequent as I would like.


One thing I have decided is that I want to get back to one of the original reasons I started blogging.  My two daughters Michelle and Danielle.  I want to use this medium to communicate my heart as a child of God, wife, mother, grandmother and friend.  From my posts I truly hope my two beautiful daughters can glean some wisdom in their roles as wife and mother.


So as I  blog today I am praying.  Praying for wisdom and direction in what I share.  Wisdom to create something of lasting value.  Yes, I am returning to the old paths.

So now the LORD says, "Stop right where you are! Look for the old, godly way, and walk in it. 
Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.
 Jeremiah 6:16a


2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Dorothy, I always enjoy your blog and one of the reasons is your love for God and encouraging younger women like your daughters...and me, too ): :) Ask God for wisdom, and He'll direct you for sure ;) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Michelle King said...

Thank you for all you do for me (us). I love you and the blog. I may get behind from time to time, but I always find my way to it, and like today, you always say what I need to hear!