Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thankful Be!

(A little cabin we spotted in Missouri)

I had to come back today to give praise to God for a beautiful day on Thursday.  Every day should be Thanksgiving but often we get caught up in our own little world and forget to give praise.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too.   I love seeing the family and loved ones gather around the table and fill their plates with traditional favorite dishes and one by one share what they are thankful for.  

This was the year we passed on the baton to the next generation as far as hosting and cooking our dinner.  We gathered at our youngest daughter's home here in Arizona.  There were 13 of us around the table.  It was wonderful!

At the end of the day I praised God for special blessings He alone had done in my life this particular Thanksgiving Day and I was reminded of the verse in 2 Corinthians 9:8 that says 

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

In the Message it says, "God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you’re ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done."

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. 
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. 
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. 
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
— Melody Beattie

Love and Hugs,
Mèmére




3 comments:

Deborah Montgomery said...

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. This was the first year in many, many that I didn't host, either. Kind of nice :) You're right about gratitude -- no matter what we're going through, or how bad the world gets, there's still so much to be grateful for. And the "Lord inhabits the praises of His people." It makes me feel that I am especially close to Him when I praise and thank Him. Blessings, Deborah

janice15 said...

Didn't realize you had a blog how nice.. Now I can come visit and leave comments to you. Nice! Thank you for always coming to visit me and for being so kind. I hope you have a wonderful week. Sounds like thanksgiving was a wonderful time. With love Janice

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I just stopped by to say hello and thank you for stopping by my place. I see you haven't blogged in a few months, but thank you for this lovely post. That quote at the end is one of my all-time favorites.