Friday, August 28, 2015

Beauty in Photo

I really do enjoy taking pictures as we travel and especially when I go for my walks.  Will try from now on to do a weekly post with pictures of the week.



          

These pictures above were taken at Williamsburg, Virginia.  My nephew Robert and his wife Chrisse drove us there to enjoy the history of Virginia.  We had a delightful day.




Robert and Chrisse took us to Virginia Beach and out to the Naval Base where Robert is stationed.  We enjoyed a wonderful seafood dinner with them too.




While we were in North Carolina Precious Husband drove me to Blowing Rock where Jan Karon lived when she wrote the Mitord Series.  Father Tim is the central character and ministers in the Episcopal Church.  We visited with a nice gentleman that was caring for the grounds in front of the church and he encouraged me to take all the pictures I wanted to.  He said "Jan" fellowshipped there about seven years and based Father Tim's church on it.



Episcopal Church of Blowing Rock, North Carolina






This little gal sits beside the Blowing Rock Library where I was able to find a children's book by Jan Karon on sale for $3.  I was happy to find such an appropriate souvenir to take home with me.


We had a wonderful lunch at the Six Pence Pub where it is rumored Father Tim had his daily lunch.


The flowers in Blowing Rock were all so pretty.



Of course we had to have ice-cream before we headed for home.










On another day trip we visited Salisbury and the train museum.  We rode the train and walked and walked through several large buildings to view the history of the train there in Salisbury.

We had lunch at a little place in Salisbury and saw this mural.  It is beautiful and covers a large old building.



This colorful mural was painted by Cynthia Arthur-Rankin, a native of Salisbury, North Carolina.  It was begun in the late seventies and completed in 1981 after three years of work.  It represents many famous Salisbury landmarks at the turn of the century.

Hope you have enjoyed my photos of our travels.  Precious Husband and I constantly find ourselves saying what an amazing country we live in.

Love and Hugs,
Mèmére

1 comment:

janet said...

This was great!!! Enjoyed reading it!!