Monday, August 1, 2011

They're Just Not Me


I really don't remember when I switched from pants to skirts but believe me it has been MANY years.  I bought these jeans a couple of years ago for something to go horseback riding but we never went.  I put them on this weekend and spent the whole day in them but as I looked down I thought to myself, "This really isn't me".

In my attempt to be feminine for Precious Husband, my family and myself I have chosen to only wear skirts and dresses.  This choice in apparel is just me now and after so many years it feels so natural and right.  There has never been a time or situation where I could not wear my skirts.  Sometimes I wear split skirts (skorts) if there is an activity that requires more modesty.

Ultimately this verse below is my real goal and is what truly will make me a feminine woman and meet the desire of my heart.

1 Peter 3: 3-4 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.


No comments: