Monday, August 8, 2011

Possible Basket Case


The picture above is just the over-flow.  These unused baskets sit in the Butterfly Room waiting for a purpose.  I love baskets - can you tell?  You might be tempted to even call me a basket case all in good humor of course.  



On a more serious note though sometimes life brings situations into our lives and we begin to feel that emotionally we are becoming a basket case and that is the inspiration for this blog.  

Situations in our family and in our church right now are threatening to bring great stress and anxiety into our lives.  This morning Precious Husband and I faced situations that were causing tensions to mount between us as and it would have been so easy to fall apart and allow myself to be a basket case.  To fall apart emotionally and allow anxiety and fear to take over.  But no!  I choose to be strong in Who I know God is and Who has called me to the life I now live.  Several times I heard Precious Husband on the phone this morning tell someone, "I serve a mighty God Who is able".  Hearing those words alone brings encouragement to my heart.  

We can allow the enemy of our soul to challenge us in our thoughts or we can stand and proclaim Who God is and live accordingly.  Yes, Precious Husband is right, we serve a mighty God Who is able.

2 Timothy 1:12 says " . . . for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

I will trust the Lord Almighty for my family, my loved ones and my church.

As for the baskets I will continue to be a positive "basket case" and use them as the occasion arises.  Just yesterday a basket was chosen to provide the transportation of a gift of encouragement to someone precious to my heart.


Along with the gift came the message that God is a God of hope.  That hope if allowed to will bring us great peace and joy.  May it be so in the life of the one that received this basket and also to all who will look to our God almighty.



Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.  Romans 15:13


No comments: