Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yellow Bowl #7


So good to go but so goooood to be home.  Sleeping in our own bed with our favorite pillows.  Making breakfast in my beautiful kitchen.  Firing up the hand-maids for duty.  Yes, it is good to be home.

While out antiquing in California I found my 7th yellow bowl.  If you follow my blog you will know that I grew up with my mom making my dad's favorite cookies, chocolate chip, in a big yellow pyrex bowl.  I purchased a big yellow bowl and made my kids chocolate chip cookies and now make them for my 7 grandchildren.

Being the sentimental soul that I am I decided it would be fun to go on the hunt for yellow bowls to give all my kids and grandkids.  It has been so much fun to look for them when Precious Husband and I are out antiquing.  

When the new Mrs. Delightful Water, Monica noticed my yellow bowl in my kitchen she shared a childhood story of remembering her dad always having popcorn in the green bowl that nests in the set of 4.  Of course I had to gift Monica with a set of bowls so that her precious children can now eat popcorn out of the green bowl like that grandpa and she can make cookies in the yellow bowl like Dorothy,

I think I only have to find 6 more to make my plans complete.  Check here to read more about the yellow bowls.  Wahoo, the fun is in the hunt.






No comments: