Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Morning Meditation


Merlin R. Carothers writes in his book, God’s Secret Weapon:
One day I hope to be able to say with Paul, “I have fought a good fight.  I have kept the faith.”  Now if the Bible said, “Merlin, you must be strong and fight a good fight,” I would be anxious.  I know I am not as strong as I should be.  But the Bible says:
Be strong in the Lord, and in His mighty power.  Ephesians 6:10 
We can enjoy being strong in the Lord and in His might power!  His power is available to us when we believe Him.
If we evaluate ourselves by our own abilities, sooner or later we will feel incapable of being what we should be.  Man people live with that unhappy, “I’m a failure,” feeling.  But when we believe Christ’s promise to supply whatever we need (see Philippians 4:19), we can believe that God is finding a way to accomplish His will in us.  (end of Carothers’ quote)
Good stuff to meditate on this Monday morning and to put into practice for all the Mondays to come.

No comments: