Friday, June 24, 2011

Deeelish!

Two things motivated me in the kitchen this morning when I created breakfast.  First I had lots of produce that needed to be used this week and secondly Precious Husband really doesn't care for omelets.

When we sat down to the new creation I immediately thought, "Oh, this deserves to be captured in photo" and so I said to Precious Husband, "I should have taken a picture."

Precious Husband as only he can say, responded with, "So do you want to get a picture?"

No, I didn't want to take a picture and chance the object of beauty getting cold.  So, alas, no picture.

This is what I did:
sliced mushrooms
sliced red and yellow mini peppers
sliced yellow onion
sliced celery
Sauteed that in some Pam till it was soft and then threw in a couple of big handfuls of fresh spinach and let that "melt" a little.  I seasoned all this with lots of a new garlic seasoning I just got at Costco and added a handful of grape tomatoes.  I plated this and put two fried eggs on top with a smidgen of Pepper Jack cheese.   Yummy, so good and so healthy.  It is a keeper for sure.

May just have to link this new creation to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Lisa next Tuesday.




1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Dorothy,
That does sound really good actually :) :) My dad and I like omelets , but this sounds really tasty :) :) I do like a nice fried egg, too :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)