Monday, March 14, 2011

Allow Me To Brag


This is a long over-due post.  My Precious Husband is what causes the sun to rise each day for me.  How can I begin to tell anyone, let alone someone who has never met him, what an extremely special man I am married to?

This man with the big heart is the most unselfish person I have ever known.  It amazes me how giving one person can be with no thought of anything in return.

Our family most certainly would not be what it is if it were not for this husband and father that gives us all our stability.   Last night as we spoke to our daughter Michelle in Kentucky she remarked that she is a "daddy's girl" and proud of it.  Truly 5 children could not have a better father.

This month began a new season in our life.  Precious Husband is now retired and I am happy to report he is loving his new status.  I am thankful to the Lord that Precious Husband now has time to give of himself and get involved with our church family in ways he could not before.  It thrills my heart to see him take his Bible and study books out to the pond to ready himself for Tuesday night Bible study with the men.

I have waited a long time for this season and yes, I give thanks to the Lord for the season and for my Precious Husband to share it with.

Life will always hold challenges but I am thankful that God in His mercy and grace brought my Precious Husband into my life nearly 30 years ago to truly complete me.


1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Dorothy :) :) :) I loved this post. I hope to have a sweet man like that myself someday. It's on my prayer list ;) :) I'm glad that he can spend more time at home now ;) :) You'll be able to do even more things together ;) :) Enjoy this new season of life :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)