Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Oatmeal Cookies

(Picture from Quaker's website)
This week I want to continue with my tried and true recipes with my two daughters again in mind.  My Kentucky  son-in-love really likes oatmeal cookies.  This recipe gets rave reviews everytime.  I am quick to tell people it comes from the back of the oatmeal box but they always tell me mine are somehow better.  
Maybe my cookies are extra good because I only use butter and real vanilla.  I add lots of walnuts and raisins too.  So give the cookies a try and let me know what you think.  While you are at it don't forget to go see Lisa and check out all the goodies shared there.

Quaker's Best Oatmeal Cookies
  • 1-1/4  cups (2-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
  • 3/4  cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2  cup granulated sugar
  • 1  egg
  • 1  teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-1/2  cups all-purpose flour
  • 1  teaspoon baking soda
  • 1  teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2  teaspoon salt (optional)
  • 1/4  teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 3  cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
  • chopped walnuts and raisins
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; mix well. Add oats; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie or 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.


1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, those do look good. I think yours probably taste better because they're extra blessed and made with love ;) :) :) Thanks for the yummy recipe, Dorothy. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)