Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Advice on Clutter



My greatest homemaking challenge has to be CLUTTER!  Does paperwork multiply when we turn our back?  Sometimes in my home I think it does and then like a magnet it draws in other odds and ends from all the far corners of our life. 

My homemaking tip today that works for me is simple but it works for me.  If I take an area that is vulnerable to clutter I focus on making it so pretty and attractive that I would not to mess it up with clutter again. 

Works for me.  My kitchen island is a great example.  It is such a handy place to be tempted to lay things down that don't belong there.  To leave too many kitchen things out but if I make it simple and pleasing to my eye I will do what it takes to keep it this way. 

A spiritual tip that Mrs. Billy Graham shares is keeping your Bible open on the counter to give the busy homemaker refreshment through out the day.  I have done this for a long time and I have benefited by her tip.







No comments: