Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stayed on Jesus

This morning I was faced with a situation that usually causes me to yield to a very bad attitude and my mind takes me in directions I truly don't want to go.  Because of what the Lord has been reminding me lately about keeping my mind stayed on Him I began to sing the old Negro spiritual that says, " I woke up this morning with my mind stayed on Jesus".  My face turned into a large smile as I began to sing.  That smile totally encouraged my spirit and confirmed to me how important it is to keep our mind on Jesus. 


So how do we keep our mind stayed on Jesus?  Meditating on God's Word and praying without ceasing are the two things that probably are the most beneficial.  



You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.  Isaiah 26:3

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:21-24

Jesus replied: " 'Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37

The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; Romans 8:6

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous , and then thou shalt have good success . Joshua 1:8

Sing with me:


1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

You know what...this is a daily challenge when I"m at work...and I have to remind myself to treat my co-workers with the love of Jesus...even the unlovable ones...and also I don't want to foster a spirit of bitterness for anything...rather I try and be thankful for what God has given me :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)