Monday, October 4, 2010

Making Your Home A Haven

    

The wise woman builds her house, 
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.  
Proverbs 14:1
  
 Courtney has an excellent blog today on the woman's role of building our home and I hope you will go check it out at www.womenlivingwell.org.
  
Truly one of the strongest desires of my heart is that my home would be a haven and a refuge to my husband, our family and our friends.  

This challenge for me is made much easier when my heart is right with the Lord and my attention and priorities are established by Him.  As I seek the joy of the Lord I am given the strength it takes to meet the challenge and see my desires come to fruition. 

I want my husband to come home and find a refuge from the world and a happy wife here to greet him at the end of his day.  

Courtney suggests lighting a candle in your home today and begin praying over your home every time the glimmer of the candle catches your eye - such a good suggestion.  

My candle is lit.  My prayers for a welcoming, peaceful and encouraging home are lifted up to the One who is the center of my home, my Heavenly Father. 


 

No comments: