Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday - Coleslaw

True story: For 2 years before we married Precious Husband ate and seemingly liked my coleslaw when I served it. The boys and I love coleslaw so I served it often during those 2 years of dating. Low and behold the first time I served my favorite summer salad after we were married Precious Husband leans over and tells me he really doesn't like coleslaw.  Well, for goodness sakes - why didn't the man tell me so.  Guess when you are courting you put your best foot forward and that may mean eating something you really don't care for.

So now I make coleslaw only when we are having guests so I have someone to help me eat it : )  The following recipe is wonderful and I always get rave reviews when I serve it - at least from everybody other than Precious Husband.  The recipe is similar to the Kentucky Colonel's and also to what they serve at Famous Dave's BBQ.  Yummy!

Creamy Tangy Coleslaw
1 good size head of green cabbage chopped finely
1/4 cup grated carrot
2 cups Miracle Whip
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds

I use my food processor and grate the cabbage and carrots.  Mix all together and allow to chill well before serving.  Yields 6-8 servings.

Head over and visit Lisa at http://www.blessedwithgrace.net to see lots more yummy recipes to try.

*4:30 PM Just edited this to add and correct horseradish and mustard.  Sorry.

1 comment:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is a really cute story...and love how you call your husband "Precious Hubby". I love coleslaw but only if it has sugar in it :) :) :) Glad you still stuck by him, even after his shocking coleslaw-revelation :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)