Monday, July 5, 2010

Holiday Weekend

 Vacation pictures in Yosemite National Park 
Wonderful to look at when it is hitting 115* here in Arizona now

Nice to have a holiday weekend with some extra time to slow the pace down.  Hope all our family and friends had a nice 4th of July.  I am thankful to live in a country that is blessed beyond measure in spite of all that is challenging her.

Saturday night daughter Danielle and her family came for a cookout.  Always fun to have the 4 grand-kids in the house and take in all the cute words and actions.  Next weekend we get to have them a couple of days while mom and dad get some quality time together : )

Fourth of July was spent making ice-cream to take to the potluck we had at our church.  I got my recipe from my cousin Cathy when she served it at our family reunion in Visalia last month.  I question if mine was nearly as good as Cathy's but everyone at church loved it and I guess that is all that matters.

Now I am gearing up to have our Sunshine Acres reunion in a couple of weeks at our home.  Been busy putting pictures together to show on our computerized photo frame.  Nothing like gathering around and looking at old pictures and sharing memories.  Should be a fun evening.  Expecting people who lived at the Acres 30 years ago! 

No comments: