Friday, July 9, 2010

Hello. My Name is Dorothy and I Am

addicted to the computer!  There I said it!  When I confessed this fact to my Precious Husband last night he quickly replied, "You do spend a lot of time on it!"  He is right and I am the only one who can change this and get a handle on my obsession. 

How do I know I spend too much time here?  Precious Husband asked me last week if I was still on vacation.  Yep, the dog hair is rolling again and a little too often.  I must get busy and put all those character qualities that I have studied through the years into practice now.

Diligence, self-control, moderation, discipline.  I could surely go on but I must turn this object of my affection off and get a hold of myself.  Yes, for sure!  Hope the withdrawal symptoms aren't too much for me - but it is for my own good, yes, for sure!

The deer eating supper in my sister's back yard in Sonora, California

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Have a great weekend Dorothy...you made me laugh :) ) Thank you...I spend way too much time on Facebook..and I"m figuring out ways to cut down the time I spend there...like maybe doing absolutely nothing at all computer related on Sundays..not sure...

Have a great weekend!! Lots of love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

betty said...

hi; just found your blog. enjoyed reading some of your entries; good luck stocking the church kitchen, sounds like a good project to be involved in.

LOL, I spend way too much time on the computer but it always comes last (for the most part). I make sure I get whatever needs to be done that day around the house, walk the dog, do my devotions, work if it is a workday, etc and then in my free time, I'm on it as much as I can. It is lots of fun but you are right, need to find the right balance that works for you

looking forward to getting to know you more :)

enjoy the weekend

betty