Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today's Proverb

Pivotal Proverb For Sure!

Proverb 3:5 says, "trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't lean on your own understanding."  This is the verse the Lord put on my heart 39 years ago when He put an eight month old baby boy into my arms.  I was a single woman with a dream of adopting but I had that scenario planned for the future when I at least had a husband.  With no prospective husband/father in sight I became a single adoptive mother at the age of 22.  My twenty-second birthday was more of baby shower than a birthday party - receiving basic necessities for my new son.

Single parent adoption was pretty much unheard of back those many years ago and none of it made sense to me but God gave me the added faith I needed to trust Him and not lean on my understanding or lack of it.  God's hand changed my life in the natural and most importantly in the spiritual.

Tomorrow Jason and I will celebrate our 39th adoption anniversary - a day that definitely changed my life and one I am so thankful for.  I love my son so much and I am very proud to be his mother.

No comments: