Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Table Top Tuesday Vignette



Tuesdays seem to come quickly so I in turn quickly snapped some pictures to share at Marty'sBlog.

Today's pictures are of my hall tree next to the front door. 

The little black hats belonged to my paternal grandmother.  The brightly colored vintage umbrella was Aunt Marie's along with the white gloves.  Aunt Marie was not related by blood only by love and I settled her estate when she had to move into assisted living.

The lamp was a wonderful find at our Salvation Army.





At the bottom is a Thomas Kincaid teapot that says, "home is where the heart is" and I sure believe that. 

 The teacup says "grandmother" and it goes together with the teapot just like cream and sugar.

















Home Sweet Home the box says it all . . .

Thanks for coming by.

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Dorothy, your hall tree is so pretty and I love the hats and all the family heirlooms. What a special place to display them. I know this creates wonderful conversation for your guests. I love that. All of your accessories are just the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

LOVE your hall tree! I wish we had a bigger entry so that we could have one. You have it set up so cute! :)

~Liz