Monday, May 17, 2010

Facebook, Sunshine Acres and Yogurt Pancakes


 Billy


I joined Face Book a while back but never really saw the benefit until recently when I reconnected with one of the children that lived at Sunshine Acres while I worked there.  We began uploading pictures of the other kids and we have had a great deal of fun reminiscing about years gone by.  Karrie spoke of trying to reunite as many as possible for a get together so we have set a date for July to have a reunion of children and staff from the Acres at our home and I am so excited about it.


These children are actually all grown now and many with grandchildren.  Oh my,  I am getting old!


One of the boys men I have connected with from the Acres on Face Book is Billy.  Billy's housemother was my dearest friend Dolores and she and her husband had actually desired to adopt Billy but it never came to fruition.  Today, I got a note on Face Book from Billy and at the end he says, "and I still remember the yogurt pancakes".  I am so touched that he remembers.  You have to understand that one of my love languages is definitely feeding people that I love.  To think that after all these years (30 something) he still remembers pancakes -- well -- wowie dowie!

Tomorrow I will link with Lisa for Tempt my Tummy Tuesday to share my recipe for yogurt pancakes.


No comments: