Friday, May 28, 2010

Enjoying Morning Light



I am not a morning person but I am trying to change that fact.  For two weeks now I have been successful in rising between 5 and 5:30 and I am truly enjoying it.  The coffee pot usually wakes me at 4:45 and when I get up that's the first place I head.  With hot coffee in my hand I slowly meander to my rocking chair in my office where I finally come alive. 

This morning as I drank my first cup of stimulant I couldn't help but be drawn to the appearance of the morning light coming in my window and making shadows on the wall.

With my discipline of early rising I am also being much more detailed and consistent with my to do list.  I am listing each day's hopeful tasks on my computer calendar on Sunday afternoon and through the week I add to it as need be.  This is working so well for me.  It seems to challenge me to be able to check off the items each evening.  Sometimes I get tired and think about moving a project over to the next day or week and then I rethink it and the desire to make my check mark wins out.  I am really motivated by this and the success and accomplishment I am experiencing. 

As I have said before I love going from to-do to ta-da!  Works for me!!


The day is Yours, the night also is Yours; You have prepared the light and the sun.  Psalms 74:16

But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. Proverbs 4:18

Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your tabernacle.  Psalms 43:3

Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.  Psalms 119:105

The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple.  Psalms 119:105

No comments: