Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Daughter

In my short time as a new blogger you have heard me mention two daughters so far.  Well, there is another daughter that I would like to mention today.  This daughter was born in my heart instead of being carried under it.  When we are out together and she introduces me to someone she introduces me only as "my mom".  We get funny looks after the intro because you see Connie is black, she is African American and I am white with lots of brown polka dots.  She is also almost 4 years older than I am too.  With those two noticeable differences we do get funny looks but that is okay.  We both get a good laugh about it.  Connie truly is the daughter of my heart.

I met Connie about 15 years ago when I had the honor of teaching women in a discipleship program at Church on the Street (COTS) in Phoenix, AZ.  I was the first face she came into contact with when she arrived at the program and somehow we just clicked.  I am so glad we did.  Connie went on to marry a young man that went through the same program and they just celebrated their 14th wedding anniversary.  Together they are a very precious couple.  Connie ministers for the Lord in the work place as a CNA with one of our local hospice organizations and she is very good at what she does.  I am very proud of my daughter!  A week from next Monday is her birthday.   

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Connie
Happy birthday to you!
(I love you lots and lots!)


The link to Church on the Street (COTS) seems to be down right now but in future blogs I want to share more about this amazing ministry and what a blessing it has been in my life.  So stay tuned as they say : )

(edited 4/19 COTS link is good now)

No comments: