Talked to my sister MaryAnn yesterday and when I asked her if she was reading my blog she said, "Yes, I like the tips, do more of those." So when I got the following info from favorite cousin, Frani, I thought I would share. Making points with favorite sister is a good thing you know.
Coffee filters .... Who knew!
You can buy 1000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing...even the large ones.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome...
Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee
filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when
opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the
skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve
lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a
coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos.. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers
for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot
with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes
as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we use expensive strips to wax eyebrows?
Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries,
chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing
for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a
closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie up fresh herbs
to put in soups and stews.
18. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter
20. Use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a
piece of fruit or veggies...Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds.. Simply dampen the coffee filter,
place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie
until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers...
Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee
filters in phone book..
25. Use as a disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn, chips, etc.
Thanks Frani for sharing with me. I'm headed to the Dollar Store today : )