Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Channels of His Grace

We crawl into bed each night and inevitably the same question passes between us. "Whatcha' doin' tomorrow -- what part of the valley will you be in?" I ask Precious Husband. His answer is always the same, "Service calls" and I always come back with, "Where?" I pretty much know what he will do each day but I do like to know where he will be.

Then he asks the same question of me, "How about you, what are your plans?" I like to think I am doing service too but Precious Husband doesn't have to ask where. He knows I will be happily at home.

Often he asks if I don't get tired of the same old jobs everyday. I really don't because they represent my love and service to my family. I like what Anne Orlund has to say about what may appear as the mundane here in this quote:
"In all the little daily patterns of the home -- the laundry going into the same hamper, the sweaters going into the same drawer, the hair getting washed and the shoes polished on Saturday nights -- God is at work. He delights to glorify Himself in the commonplace . . . He made our little chores channels of His grace." -- Anne Ortlund

She watches over the affairs of her household and
does not eat the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:27


Follow this link for some great encouragement along this same line
http://www.incourage.me/2010/01/setting-the-stage.html

1 comment:

Mrs. Paul said...

Oh, Melanie! Bless your very precious heart!!! I am new to blogland and I feel so honored to have you visit. Thank you for your kind words.